Looking for a portable digital voice recorder that is value for money? Look no further. This is the gadget you are looking for. The sound quality of Zoom H1 is superb for a recorder this size. Handling is easy and it is extremely light and portable. To start recording, simply depress the red button located in the middle of the console. Depress it again to stop recording. Playback is initiated by pushing the play button located on the side of the unit. Nothing complicated at all!
We found amazon.com to have the best prices on all digital voice recorders including the Zoom H1. Click here to check out the huge discount.
Input level can be adjusted manually from 1 to 100, and this can prove useful for loud situations like a concert. You can easily monitor the recording via the line out jack. The formats are in MP3 and Broadcast WAV which ranges from 320 kbps for MP3 and 24-bit/96 kHz for WAV. You can place markers into WAVs to easily transport/identify your files. The H1 fits snugly onto your palm, and feels almost weightless even with one AA battery. The unit supports one micro SD card.
Zoom h1 Review: Features and Specifications
- Stereo X/Y mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
- Same frequency and SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
- Records Broadcast WAV (BWF) at 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- Built-in reference speaker
- Includes 2GB micro SD memory card and 1 AA battery
- One AA size battery allows 10 hours operation
- Accommodates up to 32GB micro SDHC memory cards
- Track marker function
- Low cut filter
- Built-in mounting joint for tripod mount
- 1/8 inch external mic input
- Stereo 1/8 inch line output
- Auto record level
- Ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Zoom h1 Review
The Zoom H1 generates very positive reviews on its ability to reproduce crisp and clear sounds. Be it recording acoustics or voices, the stereo separation is unmatched for a device of this size. The crystal clear quality will amaze you. One reviewer said that it is very sensitive to noise on the case. If you are going to manually hold it, be warned that just rubbing your thumb along the side will be picked up loud and clear.
Another reviewer stated the Zoom H1 is fragile and does not take well to knocks. You should be careful not to bump it too often. Overall the Zoom h1 review: it is light-weight, portable and easy to use. In addition, with its sharp and almost faultless sound reproduction with an unbeatable price, you can’t go wrong with the H1.